Monday, March 21, 2011

Scan Test


So, the 48 Hour Video Race is right around the corner. I have to say this is one of the things I was most excited about when I signed up for this class.

I didn't realize that there was a cameraless component to this assignment, but this gives me the push I needed to really get to know my scanner. So, this morning I got up early and started to play and this is what I got:

This is a present for Laura Murphy, a glass display of NYC, the cap to my flash drive, and a stress ball that I got from Duke two years ago. The motion blur is achieved by throwing red construction paper over the image mid-scan.









This is red construction paper. I used this as a control to see what kind of color quality I would get from my scanner. This red paper is on the scanner without the lid being closed so, it's a little blow out. I found that many things that I did all have this blown out aesthetic because I didn't use the lid at all this morning.










It's my hair!! Isn't the coolest thing. I think that Barrett will appreciate this the most when he looks at this. I really love the way my bed head looks. I really want to get a scan of my hair after its done in the morning to figure out which one looks better.








Here's my left hand. I was really excited to experiment with the pushed against the glass aesthetic. I also think that it works really well with the blown out look against my skin. It gives it a sort of ethereal feel.












These are my rubber duckies in a ziploc bag. I acquired them from the office where I work. They are in the bag because that's where they live--in my desk at home in the bag. I have considered poking holes in the bag, but they haven't asked me to yet.











This my rubber duckies poured out of their ziploc house.











I think that I'm going to use scanned images and photoshop to create a some cool effects. I'm really interested in simulating a digital rayogram for part of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment